Monday 23 July 2012

Nova Jazz and Blues Nights Festival: Wien Gasometer 20/07/12

My friend invited me to the Nova Jazz and Blues Nights Festival in Vienna and although it is quite different to my normal musical listening choices, I do like most types of music and I love to dance.

I decided this was an opportunity to dress up a little and wear something that I haven't worn for a while. I did wonder whether it would be a bit too dressy, but then decided so what, I just like being me!

So, here is my outift and make up for the afternoon/evening:

Lace top, TKMaxx; Corset, Burleska; Skirt, TKMaxx, customised by me.

EYES: MAC Pigment in Sweet Sienna mixed with Water Based Mixing Medium; MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack; Alverde Schwung + Präzision Mascara in Black. LIPS: MAC Lip Pencil in Vino; MAC Lipstick in Media

The festival was at the Gasometer, an old gas storage facility that has been renovated into flats, a shopping centre and concert halls. It was a little odd being at a concert in the middle of the afternoon, knowing it was still light outside but being inside a completely dark hall!

The first band were just finishing up as we got there, so we had a bit of a wait until the next band, Blitz the Ambassador, who combined jazz, blues, afro beats, hip hop and dance music. They were really good and the song below got the crowd up and moving really quickly.

 

Next up was Jazzanova performing with Paul Randolph, who provided a set of infectious, smooth soul which was great to dance along to.


Nneka was one of the main headliners, and whilst her set was a little bit more soulful and deep than the other bands, but it was an excellent performance nonetheless. Nneka has a fantastic voice, really powerful and with an incredible range.


The final band of the night was Italian band Jestofunk and whilst they gave a strong, tight performance, there wasn't much in the way of variety. They had a couple of guest vocalists, CeCe Rogers and a woman called Wendy whose last name I have totally forgotten.


All in all it was a fantastic night, I was pretty tired by the time I got home though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...