Friday 10 January 2014

Half a decade seems a long time

March 11 2014 marks the 5th anniversary of this blog. I can't believe how quickly time has flown, and how much I, and the blogging world, have changed in that time. When I started Modal Corpus, blogs were still a fledgling industry, still carrying that DIY field, no matter what the subject was. Now blogs are big, and they are a whole different beast.

I've long pondered whether or not to keep going with the blogging, I have a tiny amount of readers and I'm never quite sure whether it is really worth it. But something spurs me on to keep going and just keep writing. One of the reasons I have a tiny audience is because I'm not very good at getting myself out there. I don't self promote, I don't run giveaways, I don't really do anything that would ensure more people could find my blog.

And therein lies the problem. I don't want Instagram. I don't want Vine. I don't want to have to spend every waking moment updating my social networks just to generate readers.

This blog isn't quite what I set out for it to be, but it is a place for me to ramble, and unleash my thoughts on the world. If people read them, then that is great, and I thank you. If you like what you read please share, I'd love it if you did. But if not, well, I'm ok with that too.

I'm going to try harder to work on the blog more this year. There were big gaps last year as I face brain fatigue after finishing my Masters, and life was a little stressy. Hopefully this year will be calmer, and I am working to self promote a little more. I am hoping that my new DSLR will bring a new lease of life to the blog, by giving me more purpose. I also realised when I was writing about Russell Brand the other day that the thing I love writing about most is politics. Which lets face it, has always been my first love. So maybe there will be a bit more of that here too.

I make no promises to the regularity of my posts, and I make no promises to the content, except to say that I am not going to review products very much, or in any great detail. There are many many beauty bloggers out there who already do a grand job, no point in flogging a dead horse. Actually the entire blogosphere is pretty saturated, but if I can offer something then I will.

I leave you with a verse from one of my favourite poems, The Walrus and the Carpenter by Lewis Caroll (from Jabberwocky):


The time has come, the Walrus said, 
to talk of many things. 
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, 
of cabbages and kings,
And why the sea is boiling hot, 
and whether pigs have wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...