Sunday 12 January 2014

Clarins Blue Orchid oil: sensitive skin fail


This facial oil comes highly recommended by many many bloggers. I love facial oils, and my skin can be dehydrated (which is the target skin type), so I thought I'd give it a go. I have been using balanceMe's Radiance Facial Oil to great effect, but I thought it would be good to mix it up a little.


Oh boy how wrong was I.


Sadly, this oil does not work for me. I'm sure on non sensitive skins this oil is lovely, because in between the negatives, my skin did feel softer and has been less dehydrated. However, it contains rosewood, and it appears that I am sensitive to rosewood. I had used it before in my own oil blend, but hadn't worked out quite which oil I was sensitive to, but suspected it was the rosewood (based on having used all the other oils before).

The long and the short of it is that I have started getting more spots, on my cheeks and chin. They aren't deep cysts like the ones I had for so long, which means they are definitely caused by something I'm putting on my skin. I checked the ingredients of my new KIKO foundation and they don't differ greatly from the MAC Studio Fix Fluid I had been using, so the only other thing I have changed in my routine is the Clarins Oil.
My make up free mug: see those big red splodges under my eye and on my cheeks? They weren't there until I started using the oil.

Ipso facto, the oil must go. Which is a shame, because it is really nice.

If you don't have sensitive skin, I recommend you try this oil. But if you do, I would give it a miss.



3 comments:

  1. I didn't get on with it either. I have very sensitive skin, and it actually got drier, with spots too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this Clarins oil for oily skin during the winter sales and it's on its way here. Now I'm starting to worry it won't work for me either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oily skin one is slightly different, it does still contain rosewood oil though. It is a lovely oil, my skin felt so much softer and was definitely in better condition apart from the spots. Hopefully the oily skin one will work for you!

      Delete

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...