Monday 13 June 2011

Illamasqua Skin Base

I've been trying to get into Illamasqua for a while but as there is no counter anywhere near me it is difficult because I want to play with the textures and colours before choosing. However, I am going to Cardiff (my nearest counter) in a couple of weeks for the Speedway GP, so I shall be going up early in order to have a proper shopping session (I'm also planning a trip to Bravissimo for new undies while I'm there).


I am very excited about the launch of Illamasqua's new foundation on Thursday 23rd June, because it will be out in time for my trip! Basically the Skin Base is their take on the Asian market product Beauty Balms. Unlike MAC's offering in this vein, Illamasqua have created something close to the original product, and have apparently kept true to the point of the product, but removed the SPF and the whitening ingredients.

The SPF has been removed because it is designed as a professional product and for anyone who has taken a photo of themselves whilst wearing an SPF will know, SPFs bounce light around and can cause blow outs on camera.

I'm really excited to try out this product - the company is promising highly blendable, good coverage results suitable for HD shooting. As someone who has been desperate to try things like MUFE HD foundation I hope that this will provide a good alternative.

I shall report back fully with my findings (and probably purchases!) - I am fully anticipating a mega shopping trip that day!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your review on this hun! It sounds like a great product.

    -Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

    *Check out my giveaway:
    http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...