Sunday 5 June 2011

I don't really like Sundays much

They are full of broken promises and screwing up my eating/sleeping patterns.

Basically I have 2 essays due in in just under 3 weeks. And basically due to the hell of our house, elections, stress and organising a birthday party, I haven't really done much studying yet. I am trying to chew through institutional development and civil war, and the latter is making me procrastinate because as fascinating as it all is, I am not sure I want to go and watch a harrowing documentary.

Add to that feeling weird because the air pressure is high and we desperately need the rain we've been promised, I am not having a good day.

I think I have figured out how to automatically link this to my Facebook, which is good. I think I might stick some sparkling wine in the fridge for later and make some popcorn to eat while I watch films about death and destruction.

(and yes, I am well aware that that last sentence makes me sound a little odd)

Foolproof popcorn:

2 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup of popcorn kernels
Big thick bottomed pan

Heat the oil in the bottom of the pan and add 3 kernels to it. Heat until the kernels have popped. The oil is now hot enough. Remove the popped kernels from the pan and add the unpopped ones. Shake the pan for 30 seconds to get everything nicely heated up/coated. Place back on the heat and wait for them all to pop. Once the rapid popping stops, transfer to a bowl. Season with flavourings of your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...