Thursday 28 April 2011

Life has been very hectic!!


It has been a bit hectic in my life for the last couple of weeks. I'm technically on holiday, but that just means I don't have to go to my day job!! With local elections and the referendum looming next week, plus my end of module exams, time is a bit precious at the moment!! It is in some ways good that the sun has decided to rain down on us and we have had days of constant sunshine, because it means I can go and sit out in the garden at the end of our block, away from the wireless and the distractions of the internet! 
Yesterday we had all the carpets replaced in our house, and it now looks so much better. I think everyone who has seen our house before and after all the work that has been done will agree that it has gone from being a bit neglected (no fault of mine) and tired, to a nice modern and cosy house. I have had highlighted to me the amount of stuff we actually have through the carpet replacing process and we are only half way through putting it all back!! This morning I have taken a lot of stuff to the tip, so the decluttering is going well. Unfortunately our vacuum cleaner decided to give up the ghost yesterday afternoon, so I had to go out in search of a new one. 
I ended up buying one from Tesco, an upright pet one with a good suck rating. Seems like it sucks well. I cannot recommend buying from the Tesco buy and collect though.... sooooo SLOW!! Still, the 40 mins it took me to get the thing was worth it for the value I got at £56. 

My next few days (once we've got the house back to normal) will be spent frantically revising for my exams next week (thank heavens for my mind map notes!) and delivering leaflets for the elections. The weekend after the elections I will be heading to my parents for a much needed weekend of R&R with my Mum. 

I do have a load of blog posts in mind, but I want to do them justice and right now I don't have the time to do that. I'd rather write nothing than rubbish, so there will be extended periods of radio silence from me until I manage to find some time! 

See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...