Sunday 2 January 2011

MAC makeover!

Finally, I have some time to quickly write about the make over my friend and I had at Plymouth MAC way back at the beginning of December!!

It was incredibly busy when we went in, Plymouth was having some kind of Christmas shopping festival so the whole place was packed. Unfortunately for us, one of the staff at MAC had called in sick, so we weren't going to be able to have our makeovers done simultaneously as planned. However, we weren't in any rush and were more than happy to sit and chat while the lovely ladies did their best to attend to us and everyone else at the same time.

I hadn't been sure what I wanted to go for in a makeover, but settled for getting some tips on how to utilise some of my lesser used colours and just generally get a bit of a boost. I went for dark dramatic eyes, and a nude lip in the end, using Contrast which is a colour I love but just never really know what to do with.


Products:

Eyes:
Greasepaint stick in Black
Eyeshadow in Contrast
Brow set in Show Off
Studio Fix Mascara
Face:
Studio Sculpt in NC15
Moisturecover Concealer in NW20
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light/Medium
Blush in Cubic
Lips:
Lipstick in Viva Glam II
Cremesheen gloss in Boy Bait


A close up of my eyes
I love how the Contrast goes a gorgeous denimy blue over the Greasepaint Stick, which is, by the way, a fabulous product, especially for the waterline! I also fell in love with the coloured Brow Set - I had been using an Eyebrow pencil and the clear Brow Set up until then, but the coloured stuff just makes life so much easier! 
A shocking discovery for me was that the reason I have not been getting on with the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural up until now is that Light is too pale for me.... apparently my skin is getting somewhat darker. Light/Medium works absolutely perfectly on my skin. Who'd have thunk it? NW20 concealer under my eyes as well - despite my 'omigod that is orange' thoughts (which I did tactfully vocalise to the MUA) it actually works. Colour is a mystery to me! 
I pondered my lipstick choice for ages. I have been questing for the perfect nude lipstick for years. I have many nudes but I have never felt that any of them are just right. Viva Glam II is perfect. As my friend put it, it's like my lips, but polished. 
The MUAs were so sweet and lovely, and were really having to juggle so much with us and other customers, so a massive thanks to them for not simply cancelling on us!! They were so grateful we'd not hassled them and had been so chilled that they gave us a lipstick each free to say thankyou - we were a little taken aback, we'd been more than happy having a catch up together while they worked on us and around us! I chose Hang Up, which is a dark plummy red colour (my faves) but is a Cremesheen texture, which are slightly sheer and soft, so it will work for day or night. 

I ended up spending a lot of money.... oops! 
It was a lovely day, and so so nice to be pampered!! One final photo for you - I promised a picture of my gorgeous new jumper dress, and here it is:
It is by Calvin Klein Jeans and was purchased on a whim in TKMaxx for a slightly bargainous £49.99. It is very very warm and I absolutely adore it, whether paired with opaque black leggings, leopard print leggings or crocheted tights.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...