Friday 3 September 2010

Hot Lips.... Not quite.

Houlihans. 'Created' by JBrand, inspired by Major Margaret 'Hot Lips' Houlihan from M*A*S*H (left). 'Sexy army gear' as someone I know described them. Basically fitted cargo pants.

Celebs have been spotted left right and centre sporting these trousers. Which are quite fetching if you are indeed Major Houlihan, or a twig of a celebrity. Or have the £234 for a pair of JBrand ones. Now they are cropping up everywhere, including Primark. Apparently this makes them over, but that remains to be seen.

If however, you are a mere mortal woman, who does not posess legs like Cheryl Cole or Rachel Bilson, then please, please, please, steer clear of this trend. I have larger legs than the high street will cater for, but still in proportion to my size. I thought I'd try some on, see what they look like, you know, because its rude to say no without trying.

No. Just No. I have never coated my legs in something so unflattering as the Houlihan pant. And that includes the brightly coloured turquoise and white with a yellow shot check capri pants I sported whilst at sixth form. It was proper chicken drumstick territory. Pure comedy gold.

I think I'll stick to leggings and jeans thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...