Sunday 10 August 2014

Hello again?

I'm sort of tentatively putting my foot back in the water again. I didn't think I'd feel the urge to blog again, but a colleague told me this past week that it would be great if I had a blog. Seeing as I already do have one....

Anyways. I just returned from a week long trip to Ethiopia for work, where I ate a lot of amazing food, took part in a fantastic training workshop that will really help enhance my ability to do my job, and I got to see bits of my organisation that I'd only dreamt of seeing. All in all, a fantastic week!

My colleague who said I should have a blog was there with me, and it was a comment in response to the seemingly endless random information that I can recall at a moment's notice. I'm never sure whether my brain is a blessing or a curse, but I am definitely helpful on a pub quiz team (my favourite pub quiz moment was staunchly atheist me getting the answer to the question "How old was Jesus when he was crucified?" correct - 33 in case you were wondering)!

Things like knowing the exact details of Strawberry Shortcake's outfit (oddly despite never really having played with her as she smelled funny), or knowing that the use of the word Board to refer to a group of people that make governing decisions comes from the old Norse for table, and refers to the way in which the Vikings lived and conducted business (by gathering in a hall with a table at one end, where the leaders of the village would sit, eat and dispense justice, permits and all other things that facilitated the smooth running of the community).

See, I really am a mine of information!

Trouble is, other than being good at pub quizzes, and ever so slightly annoying everyone else by sounding like a smug know it all, I don't really know what to do with all this information. So maybe I'll just bore anyone who reads this with it. Maybe you could ask me questions and I'll do my best to answer them?

So I'm sort of back to the blogging. The break has been good, and I remember why I like writing. I realise that although I originally started this blog for a specific purpose, it has really grown beyond that, and I shouldn't feel pressured to writing about specific things. So expect more random crap from my brain, on the days when my head feels fit to bursting if I don't put that information to some purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...