Thursday 10 May 2012

Nova Rock 2012


We finally got our Nova Rock tickets! Nova Rock is a big rock/metal festival in Austria, held near the Hungarian border in June. This year's headliners are Linkin Park, Die Toten Hosen and Metallica. It's a bit like the Austrian equivalent of Download I suppose, the acts on this year are very similar. Other acts include Slayer, Opeth, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Corey Taylor (oh I am so excited about this!), Hatebreed, Marilyn Manson, Evanesence, Billy Talent... and so many more. 

This will be my second overseas festival and I'm very much looking forward to it. It is held in Nickelsdorf on Jun 8th-10th. Camping is included as part of all festivals, and transport from Vienna is a very reasonable €15 return on a special train. 

I will of course tell you all about it afterwards and thanks to the wonders of smartphones I'll probably blog a bit while I'm there. 

You can find the full line up and more information about the festival (most of the website is in German, but there are bits in English and Google Translate will do an ok job if you need it) at www.novarock.at 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...