Monday 8 August 2011

New skincare regime?

I have been having massive issues with foundation lately. It has been driving me bananas - I have some largish pores next to my nose, where foundation has seemed to collect. The end of my nose is a place where foundation likes to just slide off, and recently it has been so much worse. Add to that the appearance of dry, overpowdered skin on my tzone, I was feeling like I'd never be able to wear foundation ever again.

Something obviously wasn't right. Turns out it was my moisturiser. Weleda Almond Sensitive Skin is a lovely moisturiser, but it just doesn't work on my skin under foundation.

As fortune would have it, my Summer Tesco Clubcard statement popped through the door on Saturday morning. Tesco are also doing a 'double up' promotion on selected departments this summer, and Skincare and Cosmetics happened to be one of them. And, better yet, you can do all of the doubling up online and print them yourself! All that remained was what to buy.

That was a fairly easy proposition - I'd seen the Nivea Pure and Natural range in Tesco last week whilst doing my grocery shop. I was intrigued but decided to wait until I had finished my Weleda to buy, because I'm on a serious saving kick. Of course free money can't be saved, so it has to be spent.



I did a bit of research on the net about the products and had a good think about my skin. I decided to purchase the Moisturising Day Cream for normal/combination skin, the Cleansing Lotion and the Body Lotion. All for a grand total of £11.80, so really only £1.80 with the £10 off voucher.

I have to say, I am so so pleased I made the decision. I've only been using it for 4 days but the difference is amazing. My skin appears to be clearing up, my foundation went on like a dream this morning, and best of all it is easy on the wallet!

Obviously it has only been a couple of days, so I'll come back and update with proper reviews in a few weeks, but I'm quietly confident that this is going to be a life changing set of products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...