Tuesday 1 March 2011

Oscar dresses

I'm coming a little bit late to this in the blogging world, as it is now 48 hours since the Red Carpet, but hey, I've been mulling it over, looking at different photos to get a good idea from different angles what the dresses look like.
So here are my favourites (pictures borrowed from the Independent).

Michelle Williams in Chanel

Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein


Cate Blanchett in Ricardo Tisci for Givenchy

Helena Bonham Carter in Colleen Atwood

Michelle Williams. Classic, elegant, beautiful, different.

Gwyneth Paltrow - a slightly different choice for her I think, she usually plays it quite safe but this is a bold and striking design. It works well, although she could maybe have left the brooch at home.

I wasn't sure about Cate Blanchett's initially, but the photo above sealed it for me, the movement and shape in the skirt is something else and the structured yet soft bodice is quirky and sophisticated. The colour suits her colouring beautifully and avoids being too 'pastel blah' with the flashes of neon yellow at the shoulders.
 
Opinion seems to be a bit divided over HBC's dress, but she is well known for her crazy outfits, which personally, I love. I love that she seems completely bat shit crazy at times! This dress is actually quite tame compared to some of the things she wears, but gorgeous nonetheless and hooray for black velvet bodices!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...