Still, things are starting to calm down a little bit, and the decks are clearing. Which means I can think about returning to blogging more regularly, and hopefully, finally, about more interesting things!
For now though, I'll just run down the things that have changed in the last few months, and the things I'm looking forward to.
- I have sorted out my skin. It may have taken an expensive skincare regime, but it is sorted. And the scars are fading. And my foundation (which is also expensive), looks great every day. For this I have to give credit to Caroline Hirons and the advice she gives in her clinics and on her blog. It was her information and expertise that made me realise exactly what I needed for my skin, and that there is no point having expensive make up if the skin is not right. I can concur with her high rating of hyaluronic acid for keeping skin looking amazing, and for helping with scars.
- I cut my hair and got rid of all the black from it.... (well, it is still a little bit red, but not in an unnatural way because my hair has always been a bit red). I now have very short hair. Which I love, because it makes getting ready in the morning really easy!
- I got a job. It is only a short internship, and I'm already half way through but I'm having a blast.
- I joined a gym, and have been making an effort to go whenever I have time (which hasn't been much as I've been away so much!). I really enjoy all the weights, but I really need a new pair of trainers!
- I discovered that Marks and Spencers in Bratislava not only sells clothes, it also sells English food. Which is amazing as I can get things like Muscovado sugar and treacle, which are practically impossible to get in Vienna.
- I'm heading to the UK at the weekend for my first trip back since we moved. I am taking hardly anything so I can bring things home!
- With that, I'm looking forward to going to TKMaxx, Boots, Superdrug, and Debenhams.
- Due to one thing and another, this year has been a bit up and down. So the Beard and I have decided to get away for some sunshine and pool action later in the year. Our current thinking is pick a couple of weeks, save up some money and go wherever our budget will take us. The only stipulations we have are All Inclusive accommodation (I'm not normally a fan, but I want a supremely lazy holiday), 4 star, warm enough to sunbath and swim in the sea, and preferably no injections required (that's my preference anyway).
- In June I will be making Christmas Puddings and Mince Meat ready for Christmas.
- I have 5 metres of linen and I intend to put it to good use! Trousers and a dress I think, for nice easy summer dressing. It is of course black.
- I also bought some new Birkenstocks and some trainer shoe things and I now have practical, comfortable summer footwear to see me through the warmer months.