Tuesday 27 August 2013

Preparing for the beach: Bikini Body

While spending time in a bikini is not an unusual activity for me in the summer in Vienna, my up coming holiday to Tunisia has given me a goal to work towards in terms of going to the gym.

I've been going to the gym for a few months now, and I've found a regime that really seems to work for me. Who knew that as an adult I'd really enjoy circuit training, the bane of PE lessons as a teenager?

My routine consists of the following:

5 minutes warm up on the cross trainer
 Then....
15 leg presses
15 on the abductor machine
15 on the adductor machine
3 minutes on the stationary bike as fast as I can
15 on the chest press
15 on the lat pull down
15 on the reverse butterfly (I hate this machine)
4 minutes on the stepper as fast as I can
20 crunches
20 dorsal raises
15 side raises on each side
5 minutes on the cross trainer as fast as I can

Then repeat.

On each machine I challenge myself to use the heaviest weights I can, and every fortnight I aim to increase the weight.

I try to go 3 times a week, and in between eat healthily. I actually find it easier to eat healthily in the winter, well, I find it easier to not drink as much, which is my biggest downfall!

So far this routine has been really working for me, and I can see the difference in my shape, and the best thing is that I don't get bored!

What is your work out regime?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...