Sunday 25 August 2013

I'm poorly!

And lo, it came to pass, that the first cold of the winter was upon me.

I kinda blame the colleague who was wondering around with a cold last week, or it could have been someone at the football, or just on the tube. Whomever it was, I am stricken. Thankfully I'm well stocked up with UK cold and flu remedies (the equivalents here are either expensive or disgusting. Or both), but work may be a no no tomorrow if I don't get a good nights sleep, as my glands are swollen and my ears feel a bit owchy.

If I do end up taking a sick day, I shall probably lie on the sofa and indulge in my favourite films whilst eating all the food I can (I always get really hungry when I have a cold, until the not tasting or smelling kicks in properly, then I totally lose my appetite). At some point I might be tempted to take a brief trip to the drugstore to buy some cold and flu bath salts, and lounge in a nice warm bath with a book.

More than likely, I'll just sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...