Thursday 19 December 2013

Albums I have listened to a lot this year



Killswitch Engage's Disarm the Descent: I could not stop listening to this baby for about 6 months. Sheer musical perfection, and seeing it live was truly amazing.



Stone Sour's House of Gold and Bones Part II: Another album that I loved, although it wasn't an instant ear pleaser for me. I felt it was a trickier album to love than HoGaB Part I, but that didn't stop me growing to love it just as much. When listened to together with no gap, they achieve some level of music nirvana.



Volbeat's Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies: I was perhaps a little late to the Volbeat party, but when I finally made it, I was hooked. This album was a gateway to the others for me, all of which have remained on constant rotation on my music player.



Breed 77's Insects: Not a new release for 2013, but an album I reached for on a number of occasions. Sadly Paul Isola has left the band, and I'm still not sure how I feel about that given that one of the strengths of Breed 77 was his unusual voice, but I reserve judgement until I can properly form an opinion!



Macklemore x Ryan Lewis' The Heist: Perhaps a surprise entry for me, a colleague certainly thought so when I told him how much I love this album! This is my definite wildcard album of the year. There is just something very lovely about the whole thing, heartfelt, honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...