Sunday 11 September 2011

Key Fashion Trend for A/W: Lady Goth

As Instyle magazine call it anyway.

Basically, for yet another winter, the mainstream fashion set is going into a gothic frenzy. Leather and lace will be in abundance in the shops. I've already spied a couple of pieces I like, but the considerable skint ness is preventing me from buying ANYTHING.

However, I will be searching for bargainous fabrics and turning my hand to designing some gothic inspired pieces myself. I am, after all, a bit in love with gothic stuff, particularly Victoriana type stuff.

My aim this winter is to shop my own wardrobe as much as possible. I don't have the largest, most extensive wardrobe in the world, but there is enough in there, and with the addition of a few pieces that I have in mind, I should be able to maintain a decent level of sartorial style without sending my dear Beard running to the hills for fear for the household finances. Besides, I have exciting things to look forward to. Hopefully it won't be long before I can reveal all....

So for now, I'll leave you with some of the inspiration I've picked out of this month's InStyle (UK) and Marie Claire (UK).







P.S. Aren't those photos of Josephine de la Baume fabulous? So wonderfully gothic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...