Wednesday 25 May 2011

This season, I will mostly be wearing....


Dresses. Not Yoghurt.

Summer is finally on its way, albeit slowly and carefully. I made a decision earlier this year to wear more dresses, and to make more. So I have some fabric which my wonderful Mum bought me when I went to visit a couple of weeks ago, and I have the space to set up a sewing corner of our office. Dresses shall be made.

I have been lamenting my lack of discernible creative skills for a while. I mean, I can do a lot of things, but as the saying goes, Jack of all trades, master of none. I mean, I play the piano, I can sew reasonably well, I can draw a little bit (mainly fashion type drawing but still not well), I can take reasonable photos... Most of my friends are artists in one way or another. I am the least arty one of the lot of us, but I am insanely practical. However, I do have some creativity in me, but I need to hone my skills.
So what to do? I'm short on time, but this summer I plan to really work on my sewing skills, learning new techniques etc. I also plan to find time to perfect a few pieces on the piano. What I play isn't cool, it isn't sexy, but it is beautiful. As I tried to explain to the Beard, I don't enjoy trying to play rock, or blues or anything like that. But I do love perfecting a Chopin waltz. What I'd love to do is find a way to combine my passions for classical and metal music together with some of my musician friends!

As well as that I have decided to try my hand at art direction, and set up some photo shoots with the Beard. I have some ideas in mind, just need to bring them to life.

So busy as ever, especially with studying and my new responsibilities in one of my jobs! Watch this space for the results of my endeavours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...