Thursday 19 May 2011

Soap and Glory Scrub Your Nose In It

I've been meaning to review Soap and Glory's Scrub Your Nose In It (SYNII for short) for a while but just haven't seemed to have found the time... well here is the time (this is just one of many reviews I've been trying to sit down and write too, so expect more!).


Picture from soapandglory.com
I was given this as a present by my SIL and have to confess that initially I was a bit sceptical. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here but I'm a bit of a hippy eco freak when it comes to my cosmetics and skincare. Mass market products make me a bit suspicious. Still, I am never one to look a gift horse in the mouth and after examining the ingredients I determined that there were none that would irritate my skin (like paraffin or mineral oil) and figured I'd give it a go and see what happened. I'm a bit foolhardy like that you see.

I am pleased to report that not only did this sit happily on my extremely sensitive skin, but it is also the best scrub I have ever used! My Boots Botanics Organic Almond scrub has taken a serious back seat to this wonder product! It does say use a pea size amount... I have large peas I think. On my whole face I think I use an amount about the size of 2 broad beans. I know you're only supposed to use it on your T Zone, but I like it all over my face, and my face likes it too.

It is hard to describe the texture - it is grainy, but very very fine, like a microdermabrasion product. It tingles when you put it on your skin, in a cooling kind of way. I do tend to use it as a quick mask then scrub - using circular motions and not pressing too hard is the way forward, let the scrub take the strain and do the work.

I absolutely adore this product. My skin looks better - the mask and scrub is helping with the left over scarring I have from the most recent bouts of acne like spots, must be the fruit acids, which incidentally are good for sensitive skins (even though it sounds counter intuitive) because they exfoliate without friction. My skin has been much, much better recently, due, I am sure, to a combination of things, but this product has been the icing on the cake as it were!! It is a damn good mask in my time precious life, but won't replace a pampering home facial using masks and scrubs and oils in the long run.

The only downside is that I don't think it has dramatically reduce the size of my pores. I have some largish visible ones down the sides of my nose and I honestly don't think they have changed that much - after using SYNII they do seem better, but I can't pretend that I have noticed a lasting effect.

Still, well worth a purchase, I will almost certainly replace this when it runs out. Soap and Glory Scrub Your Nose In It. Available from http://www.soapandglory.com/http://www.asos.com/ or http://www.boots.com/ online, or in Boots stores nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...