Tuesday 22 March 2011

Spring is on its way!

Apologies for the lack of posting - I've been a busy bee trying to prepare for the hideous 3000 word essay I have due in on Wednesday. I've finally finished my first draft, so I've taken a break to say hi!

Truth be told, I've started a few posts and not finished them, because although ideas keep popping into my head, I haven't really had the time or energy to do them justice!

Today I have rewarded my study diligence with some pretty make up, inspired by a recent Pixiwoo video. I love the ladies at Pixiwoo, they explain things so well and just watching the videos I get plenty of tips and tricks that I probably wouldn't have thought of.

Anyway, I saw this video the other day and thought I'd use the same sort of colours on my eyes today:

Aqua Eyes:

Eyes:
MAC Gulf Stream (no longer available)
MAC Chill (also d/c!)
Chanel Base Beaute mascara base
Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Waterproof Black
MAC Brow Set in Clear

Face:
MAC Studio Tech in NW15
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW15
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light/Medium
MAC Powder Blush in Dame
MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder
MAC Fix+

Lips:
Neals Yard Lip balm
MAC Lipstick in Pink Plaid

I decided to give Studio Tech foundation another go having seen a different Pixiwoo video and I have to say, it is a much better colour on me. My usual Studio Sculpt in NC15 is a little light but this is better. However, I'm not sure about the coverage, but it is difficult to tell at the moment as my skin is playing up a little bit at the moment!
Speaking of which, I haven't managed to properly start the Good Skin Diet yet, due to being ill (it tells you not to start it if you are ill) so shall be attempting it at some point in the next couple of weeks. I have been using some of the principles though. Unfortunately I'm not sure it is making much difference! Although my skin is not great at the moment, I have pin pointed the cause. Cotton wool. Evidently my skin doesn't like the oil cleansing method, or anything that involves anything other than rinsing cleanser from my skin. 3 days of removing my make up using cotton wool last week and I get 4 humoungous spots that are under the skin, in contrast to the spots I have been getting recently which have been small and on the surface. Thankfully my skin is healing itself fast. 

Hope you like the eyes, I will hopefully be back in the next couple of weeks with my own take on foundation!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty lady :)

    These colours really suit you.

    My skin is rubbish at the mo, it REALLY gets me down. Bloody spots!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might seem a little weird, but do you have any posts on how you keep your hair so nice? I started dying my hair red again recently, and I totally forgot how fast it fades out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dagny - I did do one a while back -

    http://modalcorpus.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-top-tips-for-great-hair-part-1.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...