Wednesday 31 July 2013

Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through

One of my favourite songwriter/singer combos ever is Jim Steinman and Meatloaf. Over their career together they have written some absolutely incredible songs, ranging from the classic "Bat out of Hell" to the beautiful "No Matter What" (also sung by Boyzone).

But one of their pairings that means the most for me is "Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through" from Bat Out Hell II. I was given this album as an 11 year old and it became part of the soundtrack of my teens. The line in this song "you can put on the phones and let the drummer tell your heart what to do" resonates so deeply in my psyche, even now, 20 years later.



"I luuurve Anglelina Jolie"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...