Friday 23 November 2012

Lacuna Coil, Flex, Vienna

So Wednesday night was the second of the four gigs I'm going to. Flex is a small nightclub situated on the Danube Canal in the middle of Vienna. It is a nice intimate setting for a gig. I couldn't tell how many people were there, it was pretty sparse when we arrived so my friend and I got a good spot near the front, then the crowds gathered for the band.

I love seeing Lacuna Coil live, they bring so much energy to the stage and really get the crowd going. They didn't disappoint on Wednesday! My friend has become a new convert I think!! I can tell I had a good time because the following day my neck was sore. I think I'm getting too hold for this level of enjoyment!!

The band played a really good mix of songs from all their albums, including classics such as Swamped and Heaven's a Lie, to more recent songs such as Trip the Darkness and Kill the Light. The acoustic set in the middle was a really good addition, I love listening to bands do acoustic versions of their stuff. Cristina Scabbia did have problems getting on the stool though!!

I had a little moment at the end when they played My Spirit, dedicating it to everyone that anyone has lost. Memories can be kind of vivid really, and catch you by surprise!

Lacuna Coil are one of my favourite bands to see live and I could go again and again ad infinitum!!






Set list for the evening:

Electric Set 1
1. I Don't Believe in Tomorrow
2. I Won't Tell You
3. Kill the Light
4. Senzafine
5. Heaven's a Lie
6. Self Deception
7. Entwined
8. To the Edge
9. Give Me Something More

Acoustic Set
10. Falling
11. Closer
12. Within Me
13. End of Time
14. Shallow Life

Electric Set 2
15. Our Truth
16. Upside Down
17.  To Live is to Hide
18. Fragile
19. Swamped
20. No Need to Explain
21. Survive
22. Trip The Darkness
23. Spellbound
24. My Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...