Wednesday 29 December 2010

And so we move towards 2011...

I know, I know, I still haven't posted the reviews and things I said I was going to. My excuse is that 2 x 1000 word essays got in my way. I should have time this week to sort things out - I'd quite like to get up to date before the beginning of the new year!

In sad news, I lost my skull ring in the snow last weekend. It was a little bit too big and my hands shrink when they are cold, and unfortunately the vast quantities of alcohol plus the cold meant I didn't notice when it slipped off my finger. I am a little sad because I loved that ring. However, if it is not found (there is still hope!) then I shall think about replacing it for a birthday treat for myself.

However, I did get some lovely Christmas presents, including some 'goth' kitchen jars from Santa (aka Mum and Dad) - Mum said she could have got cream or white, but because I like black, she thought that I'd appreciate black jars :) She was right, they are lovely - I have the usual coffee/tea/sugar set, and a garlic jar, which I have been after for ages.

My boyfriend bought me 2 enormous wine glasses, inspired by Cougartown's Big Joe and Big Carl.  I have decided to name my glasses TJ and Arthur after my late uncle and grandfather - I think they'd appreciate the sentiment!!

I also got some cute socks with tea cups on (and to think my boyfriend was doubting whether or not I'd get socks...), a gorgeous smelling candle and some vouchers. My sister bought me a miniature perfume set by Anna Sui and some hair care products, which I absolutely adore.

They are from the Tigi Love, Peace & the Planet range, which is their eco friendly, organic range of products. I love Tigi stuff anyway, it is truly some of the best shampoo and conditioner I have ever used. This stuff is no exception!!
I have the Walking on Sunshine shampoo and conditioner, and the Let it Be leave in conditioner.



The shampoo and conditioner have a lovely fruity smell, and make my hair feel so so soft and clean. I didn't think I'd use the leave in conditioner, it isn't something I'd normally go for, but it smells delicious (cherry bakewell anyone?) and I thought why not. Just a tiny smidge combed through damp hair, then a quick spray of heat defender spray and a blow dry and I have manageable, shiny hair that feels gorgeous and thick. Two days later and my hair doesn't feel greasy or weighed down, it still feels lovely. I will definitely be making use of this in future!
One thing I really liked about the shampoo is that unlike a lot of shampoos that are sulphate free, it lathers really well and didn't feel like I needed extra shampoos to get my hair clean. This is a massive bonus for me, as I have really thick hair and sulphate free shampoos seem to always struggle with getting it clean.

So that was my Christmas! I will be back later with some catch up posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...