Friday 16 May 2014

REVIEW: Murad Acne Fast Fix



I grabbed the Murad Acne Fast Fix at the till in Sephora in New York, on a little bit of a whim. I'm really glad I did, because this product is absolutely amazing!


I've always been a little reluctant to use chemical warfare on my skin because it is so sensitive - even too much salicylic acid will actually make my skin worse than better. So as this product contains benzoyl peroxide, it was a bit of a wild card choice for me. Nevertheless, I gave it a try, having heard great things about Murad products.

Murad Acne Fast Fix is a light gel that sinks in really fast. You apply a thin layer to the affected area after cleansing and before moisturising. I have a fair few spots at the moment and I probably use a dollop about the size of a small pea at most. It does sting a little on open skin, but this is to be expected. It won't get rid of a spot overnight, but it does significantly reduce them. I personally don't experience any drying or peeling as a result of using this, but everyone is different.

The directions say this can be applied up to 3 times a day - I usually apply in the morning, when I clean my face in the evening, and sometimes add a little more just before I go to bed. Beware, this can bleach pillowcases if it hasn't had a chance to absorb properly. 

As this contains bezoyl peroxide it is important to wear sunscreen if going outside, even in the cloudiest conditions, as BP makes skin sensitive to UV light.

The best thing this product has done for me is help reduce the persistent spots on my jawline. Slowly but surely they are going!

Sadly this product doesn't look as thought it is available in Europe, but hopefully as it is a new product it will come this way soon. Unfortunately although Sephora now ships to the UK (and maybe Germany), they won't ship this as it is considered a hazardous product.

Murad Acne Fast Fix is a key part of my skincare routine, and I would recommend it to anyone who suffers from persistent acne who can get their hands on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...