Tuesday 18 June 2013

Here comes the sun....

Vienna is in the grip of some very warm weather, which I'm sure would be amazing if I had the time and resources to be able to do nothing except sit by a pool under an umbrella.

Sadly, I have to go to work, although we do have some form of cooling there to make it bearable. My Northern European origin is always blatantly obvious amongst my colleagues who are far more acclimated to these temperatures, although I feel less hot than I did last year.

I do know that at least I am not in my flat right now, and that we have learned some lessons from dealing with the heat.last summer. Keeping the sun out is the most important, and while this probably confuses the cats it is better that it doesn't get too hot for them. They can always escape to our bathroom, which due to having no window remains cool and shady all day. The bath is a particular favourite spot of Zelda.

The temptation is to spend my evenings swimming in the river, but due to the high water and flooding of the beginning of June swimming in the Neue Donau is currently forbidden. Hopefully things return to normal quickly so that the option to cool off after work will be there!

1 comment:

  1. Swimming in the lake sounds amazing, hopefully it'll stop flooding so you can enjoy your summer!

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...