Monday 1 November 2010

The quest for perfect skin

For me is a bit of a never ending battle. I had pretty much perfect skin as a teenager - the odd spot of excema thanks to my incredibly sensitive skin, but by and large it was smooth and blemish free. Of course there would the obligatory pre-menstrual spot or two, but never anything major. All that changed when I turned 20. I began a recurring battle with adult onset acne, that I have never been able to determine the cause of.


It appears now that my acne is very much stress related, something correlated by an article in this month's Marie Claire. I also have psoriasis which doesn't help, because the very process that psoriasis puts your skin through doesn't really help with acne.

I think I am finally starting to win the battle though, and even partially winning the battle with the scarring.
I've mentioned my routine briefly, but here it is in full:

Morning: 

Cleanse with Neals Yard Mahonia Clarifying Facial Wash
Use Lavender Water as toner all over face and use Witch Hazel Water on spots (both Neals Yard)
Moisturise with Neals Yard Soothing Starflower Daily Moisture Lotion
Apply Lush Enchanted Eye Cream around eyes
Finish with Neals Yard Hypericum and Calendula Cream on spots (it's an amazing healing cream)

Evening:

Remove make up with Boots Botanics Organic Olive Oil Eye Make Up Remover - this stuff rinses off so it's quick and easy.
Massage Neals Yard Soothing Starflower Cleansing Milk into face and remove with a clean flannel rinsed in hot water.
Rinse flannel in hot water and hold gently over face. Repeat.
Massage Neals Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm into face well.
Apply Lush Enchanted Eye Cream and Neals Yard Hypericum and Calendula Cream where needed. 


Twice weekly:

Follow evening cleansing routine (if no make up worn then double cleanse with cleansing milk) and apply Boots Botanics Burdock and Clay Face Mask. Leave for 20-30 minutes and rinse off.
Follow up with Beauty Balm etc.

I also take care of myself from the inside, although sometimes it feels like I have a meal of supplements in their own right!! Every morning I take:
Echinacea
Olive Leaf complex
Milk Thistle
A multi vitamin and mineral supplement
Complete Essential Fatty Acids
Evening Primrose Oil
Aloe Vera tablets

One day, my skin will be awesome. And I will celebrate from the rooftops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...